In order to properly complete a Nevada title upon sale, follow these instructions. If you have a lost or damaged Nevada car title, you might be able to sell your car as junk or get a replacement.
1) On the front of the title near the bottom left side of the page on the left side, complete the ODOMETER READING section for the seller:
2) Include your mileage EXACTLY AS IT APPEARS ON YOUR ODOMETER after the words “the odometer now reads”. IF the odometer does not reflect the actual miles on the car, check the box that says “The odometer reading is not the actual mileage”. If the odometer reflects the actual miles, dont check off any box.
3) On the front of the title near the bottom left side of the page, below the Odometer Reading Section, sign the section entitled “Signature of Seller(s)/Agent/ Dealership”.
4) On the front of the title near the bottom right side of the page, print your name in the section entitled “Printed Name of Seller(s)/Agent/Dealership. MAKE SURE TO PRINT YOUR NAME EXACTLY AS IT APPEARS ON THE TOP OF THE TITLE IN THE “OWNER(S) NAME AND ADDRESS” SECTION (DONT USE SHORT NAMES OR NICKNAMES!)
***NOTE: Where there are TWO registered owners listed on the title, you must check to see if there is an “AND”, an “OR”, and “AND/OR”, a “/” or nothing listed between the registered owners’ names. If there is an “OR”, EITHER registered owner can sign and print their name using the instructions above. IF there is an “AND”, an “AND/OR” a “/” or nothing listed, the signatures and printed names of of BOTH registered owners are required. In this case, you must squeeze both signatures and both printed names in the Signature of Seller(s) and Printed Name of Seller(s) lines.
5) On the front of the title near the bottom right side of the page, write the date of sale in the “Date of Sale” section
Where to Sign the Nevada Title
Duplicate Title in Nevada
If your title is lost or damaged, then you will probably need to get a replacement. This is also know as a “duplicate title”. You can refer to these replacement title instructions to get a clear idea of what you need to do for this.
Option: Sell Us Your Car The Easy Way
Family Car Buyers in Las Vegas would be happy to give you cash for your car. We also serve Reno and most other areas in Nevada. We can give you a quote and there’s nothing to lose by giving us a call today at 702-441-0550 in Nevada (NV).
You are here: